The blog hop theme this month is “Outside the Box”. What a fun theme! I found a box sample that I hadn’t seen before so I hope this is a new design for you as well. The outside of the box (“lid”) is two triangle pieces – unique, right? Scroll down a little to see it opened. Don’t forget to head to the bottom of this post to hop to the other entries!
- Happiness Blooms DSP
- Cardstock: Night of Navy, Call Me Clover, Whisper White
- All That You Are stamp set
- Bitty Blooms Punch Pack
- Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
- Layering Ovals Dies
Here’s what the inside looks like once you open the lid:
The inside box assembly is pretty straight-forward. Like any box you’ve done. Here is the template and measurements. The card stock measures 6 3/4″ square, scored on 1 7/8″ on each side. You just want it slightly smaller than the outside (lid) of the box, but still fit snugly. Cut the two score lines on opposite sides, miter the edges, and either use liquid adhesive glue or tear n tape.
Here’s the template and measurements for one of the triangle sides of the lid. Just repeat for the other side and tie together with a ribbon. Decorate as desired.
- The card stock starts at 8″ x 5″. My box uses DSP, but for ease of directions I marked up some plain color card stock. Score 2″ down from the top long side. Score 3″ from both left and right sides along the long (8″) side. Also score on the diagonal as shown for the 2 sections that are now scored into 3″ x 3″. Cut the 2″ score lines at the top center to the 3″ score line and remove about 1/2 way down on the top 2″ inch section so you have a short flap as shown.
- Fold along the diagonal lines (lower right corner to top of 3″ section) and (lower left corner to top of 3″ section.
- Fold the right section toward the middle making the side of the triangle lid. The short 2″ side piece will go behind this fold.
- Fold the left section toward the middle making the other side of the triangle. The 2″ x 3″ section will go behind the short piece essentially hiding it.
- Now that you have the triangle folded, you can gauge where you want to use glue or tear n tape to finish the assembly.
- Repeat for the second half of the lid (2nd triangle piece).
It’s easier to see once it’s assembled, rather than describe directions. Perhaps I’ll need to check into doing a video!!
Time to Hop Along and Enjoy More Projects!