Happy Day, Stampers! We are ready for spring with fun projects from the Glitter Queens hopper group! I chose to show a “shadow box/diorama” type of card – hope you like it! The first photo shows the card “straight on”, so I’m not sure how well you can see the dimensions. The great part is that even with the wonderful dimension to this card, it folds flat for mailing! More photos below to show the assembly.
- Front and back card stock layers (Whisper White): 6 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 1″ each on the short side
- Middle card stock layer (Gorgeous Grape): 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, scored at 1/2″ each on the short side
- Touches of Texture (143251)
- Enjoy Life (148190)
- Petals & More Thinlits (145655)
- Layering Ovals (141706)
- Butterfly Gala (148580)
- Butterfly Duet Punch (148523)
- Stampin’ Blends: Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green
- Card Stock: Whisper White, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green
Use the scalloped edge ovals to cut openings in the front and middle layers. The front layer has a larger opening than the middle one.
Here’s a sample of how the 3 pieces look once stamped, colored, and scored. You’ll notice I stamped the flower image on the front piece so the flowers continued along the sides once assembled. I also used the Butterfly Duet punch to stamp and punch out the small butterflies you see around the card (2 on back layer, one on middle layer, and one on the front).
It’s easy to assemble. Using Liquid Multi-Purpose Glue, or Tear N Tape, adhere the middle piece to the back along the folded sides. Once you have those two pieces together, you can adhere the die cut leaves from the Petals & More thinlits and desired butterfly. I did trim the leaves down to best fit over the oval and not “hang out” on the top and bottom.
Last step is to adhere the front piece over the edges of the back piece. Here are two other photos of the layering.
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
Please visit all the hoppers’ projects following the list below. Enjoy!!