Happy Day, Stampers! Our Blog Hop Theme for September is “Fall in Love with the Holiday Catalog”. How can you not fall in love with the wonderful products in this catalog? Beautiful Baubles is one of the fun suite of products in the new catalog (stamp set and dies bundles together for a 10% discount). Include the new shimmer paint and you really have a WOW card!
You’ll want to check out all the projects from the hoppers in the group. View all the hoppers’ links listed below under this project details section.
This card can either stand vertically with the ornament freely “hanging”, or I’ll describe how to make it into an easel card.
Materials in this project:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Silver Foil
- DSP: All is Bright
- Ink pad: Memento Ink
- Versamark ink, silver embossing powder and heat tool
- Stampin Sponge or Sponge Daubers
- Frost White Shimmer Paint
- Thinlit Dies: Detailed Baubles, Layered Circles
- Stamp Set: Beautiful Baubles
- Silver metallic thread (2”)
- Adhesive sheet
- Base: card stock & designer paper: cut at 4 ¼” x 11″, score at 5 ½” (also score at 2 ½” if you’d like an easel card.
- Silver foil layer cut at 4” x 5 ¼”
- DSP layer: 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”
- Silver Foil: 4” x 4”
- Whisper White scraps: (1) 4” x 4”, (2) 3” x 3”, (1) 1” x 3”
- Die cut the large bauble die and outline from silver foil (piece A).
- Repeat with the Whisper White 4” x 4” piece, including adhesive sheet behind (piece B). Two pieces may not be necessary, but I thought it would make the element sturdier. You will adhere these two pieces together a bit later.
- Adhere the 4” x 5 ¼” Silver Foil piece to the card base, then adhere the DSP onto that.
- Use the next to largest Layering Circles die to cut out circle on front. Align the middle of the die with the 2 ½” score mark (or just 2 ½” up from the bottom if you didn’t score the front).
- Use sponge or sponge dauber to lay down a layer of Frost White Shimmer Paint to one of the Whisper white 3” x 3” pieces. I’m not sure how well you can see the Frost White Shimmer Paint in the photos, but it adds a lovely pearl-like sheen.
- Cut both Whisper White pieces out with the ornament die, with an adhesive sheet on one of them.
- Layer the two Whisper White ornament pieces together with shimmer side on the outside
- Put the metallic thread through the top opening of the ornament.
- Then adhere the earlier large bauble die cut pieces (A & B from above) together putting the metallic thread between layers A and B.
- Adhere the Large Bauble die cut piece (with hanging ornament) to the bottom half of the cut circle on the front of the card. No glue on the top of the large bauble.
- Stamp sentiment: “Deck the Halls” on the 1” x 3” piece of Whisper White and trim as desired. You can banner cut the ends, or I used the frame die from Still Night.
- Stamp sentiment inside as desired. This example has “Hope you find beauty in the details of the season” stamped in memento ink at the lower inside of the card. This placement of the sentiment works well for the easel card.
- To complete the easel component, stamp and cut out the small ornaments and put dimensionals on the back, placing them inside where you want the easel edge. This sample has two die cut small ornaments popped up 2 ½” from the bottom. I also used the versamark, silver embossing powder and heat set these small ornaments.
Blog Hoppers List
Please enjoy all the posts in the group via the links below. Please hop to them all for fun holiday catalog projects!
Cheryl Pierce Smith
Davette Strange Miller
Beth Bolinger (You Are Here)
Head back to the top (Dawn Griffith) if you didn’t start there! Enjoy!
Until next time, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!
I Love the Dies in this set!!!! Great Job on your card!
Thank you Davette!
WOW! This is beautiful!
Gorgeous! Who wouldn’t be thrilled to get this card?
Gorgeous Card! Who wouldn’t love to get this card???
LikeLiked by 1 person
Beth love this I’ve got make this you did a fabulous job
LikeLiked by 1 person